Softball or Who Sucks and How
I am taking softball this month for 1 credit.
Now, that you've stopped laughing, let me tell you a little more about our class. We have 12 students which means there are 6 on each team (teams are determined at random by the coach at the start of every class and named according to the logo on someone's shirt). That is three under the required about for fielding so the team up to bat has to donate some of their members to the opposition.
This means that the person playing first base is actually on the team up to bat. Ethical issue? I think so.
I am, by far, the worst person in the class. I can hit alright and I can ever throw a little bit but I cannot catch for the life of me. And I can't run very fast either. I'm going to choose to blame the catching thing on my ambidexiotry (random movie quote: "I'm not an ambi-turner...I can't turn left") and thank God I can at least turn left.
Now, at first, with me sucking and all, it was dissapointing to have me on your team. However, my class has now figured out that I am the "Secret Weapon." As the secret weapon, I play first base when my team is up to bat. See, its not an ethical issue for me because I can't catch the ball and I am suddenly the most valuable player.
Is there a lesson in this? I think so.
What was that thing Jesus said about the first being last?
I've never been MVP before. :D
Now, that you've stopped laughing, let me tell you a little more about our class. We have 12 students which means there are 6 on each team (teams are determined at random by the coach at the start of every class and named according to the logo on someone's shirt). That is three under the required about for fielding so the team up to bat has to donate some of their members to the opposition.
This means that the person playing first base is actually on the team up to bat. Ethical issue? I think so.
I am, by far, the worst person in the class. I can hit alright and I can ever throw a little bit but I cannot catch for the life of me. And I can't run very fast either. I'm going to choose to blame the catching thing on my ambidexiotry (random movie quote: "I'm not an ambi-turner...I can't turn left") and thank God I can at least turn left.
Now, at first, with me sucking and all, it was dissapointing to have me on your team. However, my class has now figured out that I am the "Secret Weapon." As the secret weapon, I play first base when my team is up to bat. See, its not an ethical issue for me because I can't catch the ball and I am suddenly the most valuable player.
Is there a lesson in this? I think so.
What was that thing Jesus said about the first being last?
I've never been MVP before. :D
1 Comments:
im going to be honest. i had to suffer through three months of sucking at badminton, and when your turn comes to suck at a sport, you go and find a loophole to cancel out your suckiness. im more than a little jealous.
Post a Comment
<< Home